Sunday, October 20, 2013

Experiment #2 - Are Facebook Ads Successful?

About nine months ago I tried Facebook ads using a $50 credit. The experiment didn't turn out so well.

A mid-summer lull in sales (who buys mittens in August - nobody!) left me thinking of new ways to keep the business in people's minds for the upcoming cooler weather. Fall trends were all over fashion blogs and magazines in August. Why not mittens?

I set a modest budget and created my target segments. The ads ran for about a week and did increase the number of likes on the page pretty significantly - by 50%.

Of course, I didn't really expect the ads to generate any sales. But I'm hoping that a few new customers might pop up this fall and that their names will be familiar!

This means I haven't totally written off Facebook ads. I don't really think they're that effective, either. Great for generating likes but maybe not so much for generating action.

No comments:

Post a Comment