Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Pompoms Galore | Happy September

Happy September! I hope that you had a great summer. I did a quite a bit of knitting to stock up the shop for the cooler months. This summer I also learned something new: how to make yarn pompoms!

Pompom making is a lot of fun. I'm starting with some basic one and two color pompoms and hope to create some interesting designs later on.

Here are a few of my creations so far. If you're not following Marion's Mittens on Instagram, you should, because I share lots of pompom photos over there!

pink pompom mittens
pompom mittens (neon pink mittens, neon pink and iris pompoms)

blue ombre pompom garland
pompom garland (blue ombre of navy blue, royal blue, light blue, and white)

hot pink pompom garland
pompom garland (neon pink)

Interested in pompom making? I learned how to do it with a book I found at Barnes and Noble. (It doesn't seem to be listed on their website or I'd link it... but check Amazon, there are several options.) I use various sizes of pompom templates to give my pompoms a dense thickness and a uniform shape. There several kinds of templates available!

Shop our pompoms on Etsy

No comments:

Post a Comment