Tuesday, November 17, 2015

Catching Up With Marion's Mittens in November

So much has been going on with the shop that I thought I should blog about it! This post will be a mish-mash of chit-chat. (How's that for a tongue twister?)

Organizing the Yarn Stash

I think that all of the yarn dances and plays at night. That's the only explanation I can come up with for its being so tangled! I've spent quite a bit of time trying to get it organized again. This yarn stash is pretty small compared to most knitters... but you're not seeing the boxes and boxes of yarn at Marion's house! This is just the tip of the iceberg.


In addition to full skeins of yarn, there's also quite the collection of leftover pieces. These are great for making mini mittens or the crocheted strings that connect a pair of kids' mittens. Keeping them under control is another story! I'm working on it...


Mini Mittens for Babies & Toddlers

Sales for mini mittens have taken off! More of you have ordered mini mittens from the Marion's Mittens shop in the last month than in the whole time I've been on Etsy. They were always popular at craft fairs, but I'm glad to see them getting some love online.  :)

I've been knitting a bunch to keep up with demand. This week has been all about pink. There are at least four pink shades to choose from now!

pink knit mittens for babies
see all of our mini mittens for babies & toddlers


Preparing for the Holidays

Could it really be that the holidays are almost here? The year goes by so quickly! I've been stocking up on shipping supplies - poly mailers, labels, and tissue paper - so orders are ready to go out the door ASAP. New this year are bubble mailers for small quantities of mini mittens. There was an issue with a lost package and hopefully this method will keep them from getting lost in the shuffle.


Instagram

I've really been enjoying Instagram. If you don't already, consider following @MarionsMittens for more updates like this blog post.  :)


Visit the Marion's Mittens shop on Etsy for hand knitted mittens, afghans, scarves, and baby sweater sets. There are more than 150 items in stock and ready to ship!

No comments:

Post a Comment