Sunday, January 20, 2019

Getting Organized in January

Organization in January? Groundbreaking. (Just like florals for spring in The Devil Wears Prada.) Still, when you're stuck inside due to a monster snowstorm, organizing provides a welcome break from binging on Netflix.

I spent a lot of time winding leftover skeins of yarn. My Loops and Threads yarn winder worked great for this project!

yarn storage

I also inventoried my full skeins of yarn and determined I definitely don't need to buy any more. This is only some of it!

yarn storage

Lastly, I weighed my smaller odds and ends with a postage scale. I sorted them into balls that are large enough to make a full mitten or smaller pieces to save for thumbs or strings. Hopefully this will help me save some time when I'm knitting from my stash!

yarn storageyarn storage

This weekend I'm also working on my next blog post for the Hook Nook. I can't wait to share it with you. It'll be available in early February!

hand knitted mittens

Shop Marion's Mittens


No comments:

Post a Comment