Tuesday, September 15, 2015

Mittens Win Second Prize in County Fair

After seeing the various crafts, vegetables, fruits, and foods entered in the county fair late last summer, I decided to enter something of my own this season. I started small with just one pair of mittens.

I entered a royal blue pair of mittens for children ages 3-4. Like all of our mittens, they're knitted in the round using smallish (size 3) needles, resulting in a tight, warm knit that is a bit stretchy. We always use Caron Simply Soft yarn which has a nice stretch, a slight sheen, and holds up well to wear and washing.


Our mittens wound up taking second place to a pair that had a complex cable knit pattern on the back of the hand. We were quite happy to see that the judge noted my work as being "precise" on the back of the tag!



I'm definitely looking forward to entering again next year.

Shop mittens for kids ages 3-4

No comments:

Post a Comment