Saturday, September 21, 2019

Visiting The Black Purl in Hamilton, Bermuda

In September we cruised on the Anthem of the Seas from Cape Liberty, NJ to Bermuda. We spent a fun two days touring the island. Since it was super hot we spent quite a bit of time shopping in Hamilton to stay out of the sun.

I was surprised to see a sign for a yarn shop! It pointed down a little alleyway and of course I had to check it out based on the name alone. The Pirates of the Caribbean movie with its Black Pearl is one of my favorites. Also, one of my old cars was in the color "black pearl," so of course you can guess what we called it!

The Black Purl yarn shop

The Black Purl is an adorable yarn shop and the owner was very friendly. My husband chatted with her while I explored the shop. There's a little bit of everything, including locally dyed yarn and some fun notions.

I settled on a skein of Baah yarn. Although it wasn't as special as some of the local yarns, the color was exactly the same as the water where our ship was docked, so I chose it to remind me of our vacation.

Baah yarn

If you're ever in Bermuda, be sure to visit The Black Purl! You won't be disappointed. There's some cute art in the alleyway as well.


View my yarn stash on Ravelry

No comments:

Post a Comment