Saturday, October 5, 2019

The Year of the Striped Afghan

Last year I taught myself to crochet one afghan at a time. This year I continued to practice crocheting, mostly the double crochet stitch, and expanded on my stripe variations.

Treble Crochet and Shell Stitch

I picked up where I left off last year with the treble crochet stitch AND experimented with adding a shell stitch border.

pink baby afghan

Two Blue Stripe Projects

Next I made two blue striped afghans in a row. They were slightly different colors but both in double crochet. The first was a gift. I finished it the night before it was to be given (nothing like coming in just under the wire) and forgot all about taking a picture.

Here's the second one:

blue stripe baby afghan

Strawberries and Cream

Another double crochet project, I made this one in shades of pink and cream. It was pretty popular on Instagram - I'm thinking of releasing a pattern for this one. What do you think?

pink and cream baby blanket

Burgundy and Fuchsia 

This time I experimented with some less traditional baby colors. It's another double crochet afghan with bolder stripes.

burgundy and fuchsia striped blanket

You can view more of my projects on Ravelry.

Shop baby blankets

No comments:

Post a Comment