Sunday, August 26, 2018

Visiting the Green Mountain Spinnery in Putney, VT

When Basketville was located in the Arlington, VT area I used to make annual trips to see what they had in store. Then the place closed down. I was exciting to discover this year that they're still open, in Putney, VT.

We planned a day trip to the area for some scenic views, basket shopping, and antiquing. When I Googled to see what else Putney had to offer, I discovered Green Mountain Spinnery, a yarn shop. That was the perfect addition to our little road trip! 

green mountain spinnery

Green Mountain Spinnery is located right off I-91. I looked around the corner at the end of the exit ramp and there it was! 

green mountain spinnery

They make and dye their own yarn right at the facility. I peeked through the doorway from the shop to see what was in process that day. 

green mountain spinnery green mountain spinnery

The shop is small but packed full of different types of fibers in a rainbow of colors. It was tough to choose, but I settled on two skeins of their Alpaca Elegance; one in a grayish purple and the other a dark green. This fiber is a 2-ply DK weight made of 50% alpaca from New England and 50% wool from Targhee (a cross between Rambouillet and Columbia sourced from herds along the Front Range of the Rockies).

alpaca elegance yarn from green mountain spinnery

I was so excited to get into the store that I didn't notice the beautiful display in the entrance. Look at all of those pompoms! This pompom make was definitely impressed. 

green mountain spinnery

I can't wait to make something from this yarn! And I have a feeling I'll be heading back for more...

No comments:

Post a Comment